Whole Cloth Mini Quilt
Sunday, September 22nd, 2019
1:00pm - 5:00pm
Craft Habit Raleigh - 2423 Crabtree Blvd
This class is open to ages 14+
Join Rohn Strong (@rohnstrong on Instagram) to learn the basics of Whole Cloth Walking Foot Quilting! This is a fun and exciting class that requires only a working knowledge of a sewing machine and the ability to use a walking foot.
Note: Students should have taken one of our Intro to Sewing classes, or be familiar with using a sewing machine, before taking this class.
In this workshop you’ll learn to make a soft and modern mini-quilt! In this 3.5-hour session, we’ll learn:
- How to prep your fabric for a whole cloth quilt
- Marking your fabric and choosing a design
- Starting and Stopping
- Burying your ends
- Binding your quilt
- Students will need to bring or purchase 3 fat quarters of fabric (18"x22"). Please choose a high quality quilting cotton.
- Students will need to bring or purchase a spool of thread that coordinates with their fabric.
- Sewing machine and tools will be provided for use during class.
- If you prefer to bring your own machine, please arrive 15 minutes early to get setup. You will need to bring a walking foot compatible with your sewing machine.
When you buy your class supplies in-store at Craft Habit, you'll get 10% off your entire purchase! Be sure to arrive early enough to shop for your materials before class starts.
CLASS FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE. If you are unable to attend, you are welcome to find another person to take your spot in the class.