Sorry, currently out of stock
- Sunday, September 15th, 2019. 1:30 - 4:30pm
Craft Habit Raleigh - 2423 Crabtree Blvd, Raleigh NC 27604
Learn the basics of quilting with teacher and author Michael Caputo. In this class, Michael will teach you how to create your own binding fabric, and bind your quilt with a combination of machine sewing and hand sewing.
This class is open to anyone, including first-time quilters, but you MUST be familiar with using a sewing machine. If you can sew a straight(ish) seam, you can learn this!
Please note, this class will cover Quilt Binding only. See our class listings for sessions on Machine Quilting.
- 1 completed & stitched quilt top with batting and backing
- 1/2 yard of cotton quilting fabric (This amount may vary depending on the size of your quilt. If you are bringing your own fabric, bring extra. If you are purchasing a fabric at Craft Habit, you will be able to buy more during the class if needed.)
- 1 spool of thread in a coordinating color
- Sewing machines and tools will be provided for use during class
- Students may bring their own sewing machines to use during class, if you would prefer to use your own equipment. You will need to bring a Walking Foot compatible with your machine. Machines must be in good working condition. Please test your sewing machine before coming to class, and arrive early to set up.
Students at Craft Habit get 10% off your entire purchase on the day of class! Be sure to arrive early enough to shop before class starts.