Craft Sampler Camp (ages 7-13)
Multiple sessions available:
- Week of July 27th - 31st, 2020. 9am - 12pm daily.
- Week of August 17th - 21st, 2020. 9am - 12pm daily.
Craft Habit Raleigh - 2423 Crabtree Blvd, Raleigh NC 27604
This camp is open to students ages 7 - 13.
Each day is a new experience! In Craft Sampler Camp, students will engage in many types of crafts, from hand embroidery to paper mâché to jewelry design, and more. Each day of camp we will introduce a new craft, explore the tools and materials needed, and create a project to take home.
We will also introduce a "slow-craft" project each week of camp - something that can be worked on a little each day to build expertise, and completed by the end of the week.
- Monday: Learn the basics of hand embroidery, and create a custom design to stitch.
- Tuesday: Learn to design, assemble, and repair beaded jewelry. Make a variety of bracelets to practice your new skills.
- Wednesday: Learn to work with felt fabric, and choose from a variety of projects to create in class, such as a personalized banner or plush toy.
- Thursday: Learn how to use a sewing machine, and create a tote bag.
- Friday: Learn to make recycled paper beads and flowers with a specialty quilling tool.
- Slow Craft: Tapestry Weaving. Learn a new type of weave each day, and build your weaving throughout the week.
- This schedule can be adapted to meet the interests and abilities of each unique group of campers.
What to Expect Each Day:
- Drop off between 8:45 and 9am each day of camp. Students must be accompanied to the classroom and signed in by a caregiver.
- Morning meeting, introduction to craft tools & skills, start on daily project
- Snack - each student should bring a water bottle and a snack each day. Unfortunately, we will not have refrigerator space available.
- Finish daily project, free choice time to work on slow-craft project or other craft
- Clean-up & pick-up time between 11:45 and noon. Students must be picked up in the classroom, and signed out by an authorized adult.
- All caregivers must complete a Registration Packet before July 1st. The registration packet will be emailed upon enrollment. This packet includes a Contact Form, Authorized Pick-up Form, Medical Release & Allergy Form, and Photo Release.
- Children should come to camp each day with a water bottle and a nut-free snack. Dress for mess, and wear closed toed shoes. Absolutely no sandals or flip flops.
- Your registration payment secures your enrollment, and covers the entire cost of the camp. There are no additional fees.
- These camps require a minimum of 5 students enrolled. Craft Habit will notify parents on July 2nd if either camp is being cancelled due to low enrollment. Registration fees will be fully refunded for any classes cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Individual class registration fees are refundable if Craft Habit is notified of the cancellation by July 1st, 2020. Refunds will not be issued for either week of camp after July 2nd, unless cancelled by Craft Habit.