Here's our note to let you know what we are doing to keep Craft Habit a safe, healthy, and crafty haven for you during this time, and the steps we are taking to make sure we limit possible exposure to coronavirus for our team, our customers, and our community.
- We have introduced free In-Store/ Curbside pick-up for online orders! Pick-up is available during our regular business hours, Tues - Sat 11am - 6pm, Sunday 1pm - 5pm. If you want curbside pick-up, just call the store when you are outside. Our store phone number is 984-200-4530.
- We have made some practical changes to reduce touching shared surfaces, such as moving our credit card reader to be accessible for customers to swipe or tap their own cards, and keeping our front door propped open on these nice days. We are also cleaning all frequently-touched surfaces multiple times throughout the day.
- At the moment, we have hand sanitizer available for customer use, located at the checkout counter. Also, all customers are welcome & encouraged to wash hands in our restroom or classroom before shopping. We have plenty of soap & water!
- Our retail staff continue to practice healthy hygiene practices such as washing hands before, during, and after shifts, and staying home if ill.
- Our in-store craft stations are being cleaned & sanitized after each use. We have set up individual crafting tables in our lounge area, which are limited to use by one person or family group at a time, and sanitized between uses.
- We are modifying our cancellation policy for the next few months. If you need to cancel your registration in a Craft Habit class for any reason, please notify us 48 hours in advance, and we will issue a class credit to your account. The credit can be used towards any class, and must be spent on or before June 30th, 2020. If the class you are missing has more sessions on the calendar, we can transfer you to a future session if you prefer. Please contact us by email at this address to cancel or transfer your registration.
- We will be releasing our summer class schedule early, to provide more options for students wishing to transfer classes. We plan to have June, July & August class dates posted by the end of March.
- We have reduced our maximum allowed class sizes through the end of May. The smaller class sizes will allow us to have no more than two people per table, and eliminate the need to share tools and equipment during class.
- We are continuing the cleaning practices we already had in place, and also ramping them up! We disinfect chairs, tables, and classroom tools and equipment before and after each class.
- We are implementing a hand-washing-BEFORE-classes policy, to reduce the transfer of germs.
- In some cases, we will need to cancel classes due to instructor preference. In these instances, we will issue a full refund, or transfer students to another session of the class if they prefer. We will try to give as much notice as possible, but some cancellations may be last minute, due to uncertainty around this issue right now!
- We are counting on all of our students to use their best judgement and follow the health & safety advice of experts when choosing whether or not to attend our group classes and events. If you have had a fever or vomiting within the past 24 hours, or are experiencing coughing or respiratory distress, or have been in close proximity with someone else experiencing these symptoms, please stay home!
- We are not taking any new bookings for parties or private events in March or April 2020. Currently booked parties will be honored - if this applies to you, please check your email for our message to party clients about changes to policy and procedure regarding your event.
- We are modifying our cancellation policy for the next few months. If you need to cancel your your party booking, we will offer a full refund if notified at least 72 hours in advance, and a 50% refund if you cancel at least 24 hours before the party. Please contact Sadie at email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of a cancellation.
- If you prefer to reschedule, please let us know ASAP. We will fully transfer your deposit to a new date with a minimum of 72 hours notice.
- We are implementing a hand-washing-BEFORE-parties policy, to reduce the transfer of germs to communal equipment. We also disinfect all tools and equipment (and chairs and tables) before and after each party. Please let your guests know they will be expected to wash their hands before entering the party room. Party staff will also be making sure this process happens.
- All party deposits cover the costs of up to 8 guests. We strongly suggest that you keep your guest count low. Our party guest maximum is 14, but we feel it's better at this time to have fewer guests if possible.
- We recommend that party clients bring individually wrapped & single-serve foods for party refreshments, to reduce the need for sharing serving utensils. This is the time to choose cupcakes over traditional cake!
- We hope it won't happen, but there may be a time when our party staff are unable to lead parties due to a need to self-quarantine. We will do everything we can to staff parties, but in the event there is no staff available, we will fully refund your party fees, or find a rescheduled date if you prefer. We will try to give as much notice as possible, but some cancellations may be last minute, due to uncertainty around this issue right now!
- We are postponing all in-store events that are not classes or parties. Unfortunately, this includes our much-anticipated 2nd Annual Fabric Swap. The new date is Sunday, July 12th, from 1 - 4pm. If you have tickets or are on the waitlist, you don't need to do anything, except wait a few more months...
We are counting on all of our guests & families to use their best judgement and follow the health & safety advice of experts when choosing whether or not to attend parties and classes at Craft Habit. For more information on how to stay safe & healthy during this time, please visit Wake County's COVID-19 information page, and review the latest information from the CDC.
Sarah and Taylor